Monday, October 1, 2012

Apple Crisp Recipe


Wanted to share a yummy recipe with you that I found in my Gramma Emilie's recipe book.  I miss her and this make me remember all of the good times we used to have in her little kitchen.  We make this every fall and my kids love it!  Fall is a fun time to get outside, go apple picking, climb the trees and just be silly.  If you live in colder climates, like us, I am savoring every warm day that I can.  I also am doing a little "nesting", I think.  I like the smell of soups and baked goods coming from the kitchen. Don't forget to wear one of your aprons!!! 

Apple Crisp

1 cup Oatmeal
1 cup Flour
1 -1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
1 -1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
6  cups sliced apples
Salt to taste
Cinnamon to taste

Combine oatmeal, flour , sugars and butter.  Blend together until crumbly.  Place apples in a 8 x 13 inch pan.  Top with oatmeal mixture; sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.  Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.  Yield:  About 12 servings.  Serve with a dollop of ice cream and drizzle caramel over the top!  YUMMO

Remember!  Presentation is everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment